- Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.
- Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder. A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
- Select the item or items you want to compress and choose File > Compress.
- Insure that zip is installed (I’d suggest having unzip installed as well).
- Create a directory, and put any files you wish to zip in it. Set this as the active directory (cd <path>)
- Type zip <zip file name> *